Galette is a pie made without a pie pan or a dish. It’s casually finished but tastes heavenly good. Here’s an Italian version of this French cuisine treasure with tomatoes, pesto and cheese.
prep time 10 min + 15 min
- 400 g premade forzen pie crust
- 240 g Pulled Oats® Tomato
- 150 g tomato flavored cream cheese
- 0,5 cups grated tasty cheese
- 3 tbsp green pesto
- 1 tbsp grated lemon zest
- green pesto
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Roll the dough into a round shape on lightly floured parchment paper.
- Spread cream cheese on the rolled-out dough all but the outer 3-4 cm. Lay grated cheese on top of the cream cheese. Gently fold the outer edge of the galette inward, folding layers on top of each other.
- Bake in a 200°C oven for about 15 minutes.
- Stir Pulled Oats® into the pesto. Take the pie out of the oven and sprinkle Pulled Oats® over it. Continue baking for about 5 minutes, or until the pie is cooked through.
- Garnish with lemon zest, pesto and basil.
Tip: Add capers, olives or cherry tomatoes to the pie if you like.