Christmas hot dogs
prep time 30 min
- Sausages (makes about 8)
- 1 package Gold and green pulled oats Nude
- 1 dl vegan cream cheese (oat-based)
- ½ red onion or 1 small
- 3 tsp psyllium (crushed psyllium husk)
- Spices: ½ tsp Ceylon cinnamon, ½ tsp ginger powder, ¼ tsp ground cardamom, ¼ tsp allspice, ¼ tsp ground white pepper, ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp Salt
- black pepper
- 1.5 dl parsley
- 1.5 dl chopped mint
- 1 clove of garlic
- ½ tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ¼ tsp Salt
- black pepper
- 3 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 dl lingonberries
- 1 tsp maple syrup (or other sweetener)
- chili flakes
- Vegan mayo + bread rolls
Spread vegan mayo on bread, add sausage and sauces. ENJOY!
Recipe: Tiina Strandberg @My Berry Forest
- Sausages: Preheat oven to 200 C. Blend pulled oats into a fine “crumb” and place in a bowl. Blend cream cheese, onion, psyllium + spices into a smooth paste. In a bowl, combine pulled oats and paste to form a thick batter. Shape into 8 sausages (or more if you want smaller).
- First cook the sausages in boiling water for about 2 min (carefully, two at a time). Next fry them in a pan in olive oil for a few min by moving/rolling them constantly to prevent sausages from sticking to the pan. And last, cook in the oven for 10 min and let them firm up at least 20 min.
- Blend all chimichurri ingredients except olive oil, and add olive oil last mixing it with a spoon. Combine lingonberry sauce ingredients and crush the berries with a fork.