Risotto can be made different simply by varying the ingredients according to the content of your kitchen cabinet. Making risotto is a process that requires time as well as attention to detail, but it’s worth it! A properly cooked risotto is soft and creamy.
prep time min
- 1 pack of Pulled Oats® Nude
- 3 dl risotto rice
- 1–2 dl of grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 celery stalk
- 150 g butternut squash
- 150 g parsnips
- 100 g peas (frozen)
- 150 g butter
- A handful of rocket
- Fresh herb (such as thyme)
- 1 L veg stock
- 1 dl white wine
Kun haluat valmistaa risoton vegaanisena, korvaa juusto pähkinäparmesaanilla tai kaupan valmisteella ja käytä kasvirasvaa sekä vegaaniviiniä.
- Dice the onion, butternut squash and parsnip, and chop the celery. Heat the vegetable stock.
- Measure 100 grammes of butter into a thick bottomed pot. Add the onion, butternut squash and celery. Stir in a few tablespoons of finely chopped thyme and cook for a few minutes. Add the risotto rice and continue to sweat the ingredients at a low temperature, stirring continuously, until the rice has become translucent.
- Add the wine. Once the wine has cooked into the rice, add the first ladle of hot vegetable stock. Keep adding ladlesful of stock, stirring and allowing each ladleful to be absorbed before adding the next. When you have used all the stock, the risotto should be ready. The rice can be al dente. Remove the pan from the heat, add the peas and parmesan cheese, stir well.
- Brown the garlic and parsnip in 50 grams of butter. Add the Pulled Oats® and continue frying for a couple of minutes. Combine the Pulled Oats® mixture with the risotto and chop in the rocket. Check the flavour and garnish with thyme and more rocket.