Root Vegetable Bulgur
The taste to the warm root vegetable bulgur comes from the oven roasted vegetables. Pulled Oats is a good addition to the dish and it gets a nice crispy surface in the oven! Change bulgur to quinoa if wheat does not belong to your diet.
prep time 50-60 min
- 1 pack Pulled Oats® Nude
- 100 g beetroot
- 100 g butternut squash
- 200 g potatoes or sweet potatoes
- 100 g parsnip
- 1 carrot
- 1 fennel
- 1 red onion
- 2-6 garlic cloves
- 1 handful of fresh thyme and rosemary
- 1 tbsp sage
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tsp honey/agave syrup
- 150 g cooked bulgur
- 1 handful of fresh parsley
Mix in cooked bulgur and fresh parsley.
- Cube beetroot and butternut squash. Chop sweet potatoes, potatoes, carrot and parsnip into sticks.
- Cook roots for 2 minutes in salted water. Cool under cold water.
- Dice fennel, red onion and garlic cloves.
- Mix half of garlic, herbs and spices with roots, red onion and fennel. Add olive oil and honey. Roast in oven at 225C for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile mix the rest of garlic, herbs and spices with Pulled Oats.
- Take vegetables from oven and add Pulled Oats®. Roast in oven for another 20 minutes.