Galette is a rustic pie made without a pie pan or a dish. It’s casually finished but tastes heavenly good. Try the Italian version of the French cuisine treasure with tomatoes, pesto and cheese.
prep time 10 min + 15 min
- 14.1 oz premade forzen pie crust
- 2 cups Pulled Oats® Nude (1/2 pack Sysco Simply Plant Based protein Pulled Oats®)
- 0.35 cup tomato flavored cream cheese
- 0.75 cup grated tasty cheese
- 3 tbsp green pesto, prepared
- 1 tbsp grated lemon zest
- Green pesto
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Roll the dough into a round shape on lightly floured parchment paper.
- Spread cream cheese on the rolled-out dough all but the outer 3-4 cm. Lay grated cheese on top of the cream cheese. Gently fold the outer edge of the galette inward, folding layers on top of each other.
- Bake at 400°F oven for about 15 minutes.
- Stir Pulled Oats® into the pesto. Take the pie out of the oven and sprinkle Pulled Oats® mixture over it. Continue baking for about 5 minutes, or until the pie is cooked through.
- Garnish with lemon zest, pesto and basil.
Tip: Add capers, olives or cherry tomatoes to the pie if you like.