- 2 japanese eggplant (salted, rinsed and dried)
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups of AP flour
- 2 cups of Pulled Oats®Nude
- 1 tbsp of fennel
- 1.5 cups of tomato sauce
- Parmigiano reggiano
- 1.5 tbsp of roasted garlic & basil oil
- 2.5 tbsp of bechamel
- Salt (as needed)
- Fryer oil (as needed)
- Basil leaves (as needed)
- Prepare eggplant by slicing and then salting. Allow to sit for 15-20 minutes. Eggplants will leach out its own liquid. Rinse off eggplant thoroughly. Pat dry and allow to further air dry for another hour. If not ready use immediately, then store in referigeration until ready.
- Prepare and preheat fryer oil (350ºF) and set broiler.
- Mix ground fennel into flour.
- Begin to dredge eggplant: dip eggplant into flour mixture, beaten egg, then ground Pulled Oats. Gently press the Pulled Oats into the eggplant. Drop into fryer, ensuring not to overcrowd the fryer. Cook until Pulled Oats are crisp, then remove from oil onto a drain pan. Sprinkle a pinch of salt on both sides.
- Like all the cooked eggplant onto a sheet tray. Top with tomato sauce, bechamel, mozzarella and Parmigiano. Set under the broiler until the top is bubbly and cheese is toasted.
- Transfer finished Oatplant to plate, drizzel prepared Roasted Garlic and Basil oil and garnish with fresh basil leaves.