Pulled Oats® Bao Buns
Soft and fluffy bao buns are endlessly versatile and perfectly on-trend. Fill the buns with Pulled Oats®, pickled veggies & chili-flavored mayonnaise for a perfect grab-and-go appetizer or small plate.
prep time 40 min
- 4 cups Pulled Oats® Nude (1 pack Sysco Simply Plant Based protein Pulled Oats®)
- 16 premade bao buns
- 0.25 cup oil for frying
- 4 carrots
- 1 cucumber
- 8 radishes
- 8 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 8 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
Chili mayo dressing
- 1 cup mayonnaise (vegan)
- 3 tsp gochujang or sriracha chili sauce
- Mint or cilantro, spring onion, chili slices, sesame seeds, lime wedges
- Prep your veggies. Wash them & slice or cut them into thin spears. Whisk vinegar, sugar and salt in a small bowl until sugar & salt are dissolved. Add the vegetables. Let pickle in a cool place at least for 15-30 minutes.
- Whisk mayonnaise & chili sauce in a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Add defrosted Pulled Oats® and cook until starting to char, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Steam the bao buns according to package directions.
- Assemble each bun with the Pulled Oats®, pickled vegetables and chili mayonnaise.
- Finish with cilantro, chili slices, spring onion and sesame seeds.
Serve with remaining sauce on the side and lime slices for squeezing.