Bell Pepper, Barley & Nordic Oatballs®
Try out this Nordic Oatballs® recipe with a lovely roasted bell pepper flavoured sauce.
prep time 30 min
- 1 bag of Nordic Oatballs®
- 2 medium-sized onions
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 red bell peppers
- 2 dl oat cream
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 dl pre-cooked barley
- A bunch of fresh parsley
- black pepper
- Chop one onion and the garlic. Sauté them in olive oil.
- Add barley and enough water to cover it. Let simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add 1 dl of oat cream and let simmer for 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Make the sauce. Dice the other onion and bell peppers. Cook on a frying pan until they’re soft.
- Add the rest of the oat cream. Puree with a stick mixer.
- Add the Nordic Oatballs and keep cooking for a couple of minutes until warm.