Creamy Macaroni Casserole
This recipe is as classic as it gets - an all-time favourite that the whole family will love. This recipe will be loved by even the most devoted carnivore.
prep time 40 min
- 1 pack of Pulled Oats® Nude
- 400 g macaroni
- 50 g butter (vegan)
- 3 1/3 dl cream (vegan)
- (2 eggs)
- 1 onion
- 2 tbsp thyme
- ½ tsp black pepper
- A pinch of nutmeg
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 150 g grated cheese (vegan)
- Cook the macaroni according to the packet instructions.
- Chop the onion and sauté in butter with thyme. Add Pulled Oats, nutmeg and black pepper. Fry for 1 – 2 minutes.
- Add cream and vegetable stock while stirring. Take your pan off the heat and stir in the macaroni.
- Add eggs and half of the grated cheese. If you want a vegan casserole, leave out the eggs.
- Pour the mixture in a casserole dish and sprinkle on the rest of the cheese.
- Bake for 30 – 40 minutes in 175°C.