- 1 kg short crust pastry
- 300 g Gold&Green® Protein Flake
- 80 g oil
- 800 g onions sliced
- 1,2 kg button mushrooms sliced
- 750 ml milk
- 750 ml cream
- 16 eggs
- 5 g dried thyme
- 5 g dried rosemary
- 20 g salt
- 15 g black pepper
- 2 g nutmeg
- 400 g parmesan
- Start by rolling out the pastry and forming it on to your desired baking dish and blind bake at 180c for 20 minutes, then cool down.
- Meanwhile prepare your filling by heating a pan with oil, then add the sliced onions and mushrooms fry until all the water has evaporated 7-10 minutes then add salt, pepper, thyme and rosemary once nice and golden take off and cool down.
- In a bowl mix together eggs, milk, cream, parmesan, nutmeg and the flakes but make sure the flakes only soak in for around 10 minutes if longer they get too soft.
- Assemble the pie by adding the fried mushroom mixture then add some of the egg mixture and repeat the process. Bake at 170c for 30-35 mintues until jiggly but set on the edges, rest and let it set completely before serving.