NORTH AFRICAN WARM COUS COUS SALAD
Couscous salad gets its beautiful colour from turmeric which is also a real health bomb, while fruits and herbs bring freshness to the taste.
- 1,5 kg Pulled Oats® Nude
- 3/4 dl sesame oil (or other oil)
- 1 liter vegetable stock
- 1 kg couscous
- 3 tbsp turmeric
- 5 tbsp paprika powder
- 3/4 dl honey
- 1 dl olive oil (half for frying)
- 3 tbsp Ras Al Hanout
- 3 tbsp garam masala
- 1 kg onion
- 400 g dates
- 400 g apricots
- 1 kg chickpeas
- 250 g kale (chopped)
- 100 g mint (chopped)
- 100 g coriander (chopped)
- 1 kg pomegranate (deseeded)
- Bring the couscous water to a boil. Add the stock cube, turmeric, paprika powder and honey and stir. Add couscous and olive oil. Remove from the heat, mix well and cover for 5-7 minutes.
- Mix 3/4 dl sesame oil (or other oil) with the pulled oats. Roast in the oven for 7-8 min at 170°C. Put some olive oil into a frying pan. Add the diced onion, garam masala and Ras El Hanout. Finally add the Pulled Oats®.
- Chop the dates, apricots, kale and herbs.
- Mix the Pulled Oats® mixture, dates, apricots, chickpeas, kale, herbs and deseeded pomegranate together.
- Serve with tzatziki and flat bread.