North African Warm Couscous Salad
Take a taste trip to North Africa where the kitchen is composed of the most colorful and interesting spices and ingredients. Couscous salad gets its beautiful color from turmeric that is a real health bomb. Fruits and herbs bring freshness to the taste.
prep time 30 min
- 240 g of Pulled Oats® Ginger or Nude
- 1 veg stock cube
- 200 g couscous
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp paprika powder
- 1 tbsp honey/agave syrup
- olive oil
- 1 tbsp Ras El Hanout
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 1 onion
- 50 g dates
- 50 g dry apricots
- 100 g chick peas
- 1 handful of chopped kale
- 1 handful of chopped fresh mint and coriander
- 1 deseeded pomegranate
- Bring couscous water to boil. Add stock cube, turmeric, paprika powder and honey.
- Add couscous and olive oil. Take off heat, mix well and cover for 5-7 minutes.
- In frying pan put olive oil. Add diced onion, garam masala and Ras El Hanout.
- Add Pulled Oats® and mix well. Turn heat up and fry for another 2 minutes.
- Chop dates, apricots and herbs.
- Mix Pulled Oats, dates, apricots, chick peas, herbs and deseeded pomegranate together.
- Serve with tzatziki and flat bread.