Pita pocket with Cabbage Apple Salad
Crown these veggie pitas and grilled Pulled Oats® Pan Fried Patties with delicious cabbage salad and mayonnaise.
prep time 15 min
- 4 Pulled Oats® Hamburger
- 4 pita breads
Cabbage Apple Salad
- Piece of white or red cabbage
- 2 sour apples
- 1 red onion
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ lemon (juiced and zested)
- Pinch of salt and black pepper
- 1 tsp sugar
- 3 tbsp canola oil
- 1 dl Greek yoghurt
- ½ dl roasted pumpkin seeds
Sweet Chili Mayonnaise
- 2 dl mayonnaise
- ½ dl sweet chili sauce
- ½ lemon (juiced)
- Pinch of salt
- Handful of rocket (arugula)
- Prepare the salad. Very thinly grate or shred cabbage and apple. Chop red onion and garlic. Mix with lemon juice and grated zest, salt, pepper and sugar. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Mix the Sweet Chili Mayonnaise ingredients and let sit.
- Grill or fry the patties on a pan.
- Split the pita breads and fill them with the Cabbage Apple Salad. Add hot patties and finish with Sweet Chili Mayonnaise and fresh rocket.
This charming recipe was offered by Teresa Välimäki.