Pulled Oats® Wellington
prep time 45 min
- 240 g Pulled Oats® Nude
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tsbp olive oil
- 100 g fresh spinach
- 200 g chopped champions
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 pound fresh thyme
- 1/2 dl vegetable broth (¼ vegetable cube + ½ dl hot water)
- 1/2 dl cream
- Salt & black pepper
- Pre-rolled all-butter puff pastry
- Oat milk
- Start by taking a dough to melt.
- Chop the onion and garlic cloves. Sauté in olive oil in a hot pan.
- Add chopped mushrooms and Pulled Oats®. Continue cooking until the mushrooms have soften.
- Add chopped thyme and spices. Mix well.
- Add vegetable broth and cream. Taste and season if necessary.
- Make the wellington. Roll out the pastry and spread the filling along the centre of the pastry. Fold over one side, brush with oat milk then fold over the other side. Fold up the ends carefully turn the wellington over.
- Use a sharp knife to score the pastry into diamonds then brush with milk. Bake in a 200°C oven for about 20 minutes or until the surface is golden brown.
Serve with oven-baked roots or as a side dish to your favorite Christmas dishes.
Recipe: @veganandwild / Oona Poutiainen