Pulled Oats® Empanadas
Looking for a delicious vegan empanada recipe? The iconic bread pie of Spanish and South American cuisine is filled this time with Pulled Oats®. A quick and easy (still healthy) snack that can be varied countless times.
prep time 30 min
- 1 pack puff pastry dough (400 g)
- 240 g Pulled Oats® Nude
- 1 shallot
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp hot pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper from the mill
- 1/2 tsp dried chili from the mill
- Egg or oat milk tai kauramaitoa
- Make the filling first. Peel and chop the onion and garlic. Sauté the onion and garlic in oil in a pan. Add Pulled Oats® and fry for a moment. Stir in tomato puree and spices.
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Let dough sit at room temperature for 15 minutes to temper. Roll out dough on a floured surface. Cut into circles using a ring cutter or small bowl. Alternatively divide into 12 small balls of dough and roll into individual circles.
- Spoon some of the Pulled Oats® mixture (about ½ dl) on the center, then fold into half-moon shapes. Seal edges by pressing with a fork. Brush the egg or oat milk over each empanada.
- Bake empanadas in the oven until golden, 15-20 minutes.
Recipe: Sanna Kekäläinen