Tabbouleh is traditionally made of tomatoes, bulgur and parsley. But we have replaced it with quinoa and added sweetness with fruits. If you prefer the traditional version, leave out the dried fruits.
prep time 30 min
- 1,5 kg Pulled Oats® Nude
- 3/4 dl sesame oil (or other oil)
- 1 kg quinoa
- 1 liter vegetable stock
- 3 cucumbers (diced)
- 1,5 kg tomatoes (diced)
- 4 red onions (diced)
- 200 g coriander
- 200 g mint
- 100 g leaf parsley
- 1 kg dried fruit (such as dates, raisins and cranberries)
- Zest and juice of 4 lemons
- 1 dl olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix 3/4 dl sesame oil (or other oil) with the Pulled Oats®. Roast in the oven for 7-8 min at 170°C.
- Cook the quinoa with a vegetable cube, following the pack instructions. Set aside to cool.
- Dice the cucumber, tomatoes and red onion. Finely chop the herbs. Place the herbs in a bowl and whisk together with the lemon juice, olive oil and salt. Add the chopped cucumbers, tomatoes, onion, dried fruits and grated lemon zest, Pulled Oats® and quinoa. Stir gently to combine. Season with additional salt or lemon juice to taste, if desired.
- Allow the salad to sit for a while in a cool place before serving so that the dried fruit softens.