Red lentil and fennel soup with Pulled Oats®
prep time 25 min
- 1,5 kg Pulled Oats® Nude
- 3,5 kg red lentils
- 3,5 kg crushed tomatoes
- 3 bunches cilantro (coriander leaves)
- 100 g minced ginger
- 1 kg onion, diced
- 4 l water
- 1,5 kg fennel, sliced
- 100 g cumin powder
- 80 g curry powder
- 6 oranges, zest and juice
- Fry onion and ginger in oil until soft. Add the fennel and fry for another 2 min.
- Add the lentils, crushed tomatoes, water, orange zest and juice, and spices. Cook until lentils are soft. Add the coriander leaves and salt according to taste.
- Fry the Pulled Oats® in a separate pan with some oil and 30 g of curry powder for 5-6 min.
- Serve the soup topped with Pulled Oats® and some fresh coriander and chili.