Roasted rosemary roots with Pulled Oats®
Add more taste with garlic or fresh chili. Any seasonal green or root vegetable will work well. Experiment with your favorite herbs too.
prep time 45 min
- 1,5 kg Pulled Oats® Nude
- 3/4 dl sesame oil (or other oil)
- 1,5 kg potatoes
- 1,5 kg carrots
- 1,5 kg beetroots
- 1 kg parsnip
- 1,5 dl oil
- 150 g honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Handful of rosemary and thyme
- 12 cloves garlic (chopped)
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Mix 3/4 dl sesame oil (or other oil) with the pulled oats. Roast in the oven for 7-8 min at 170°C.
- Rinse the roots and chop into similar sized pieces. Move the beetroot pieces into one bowl and the other root vegetables into another.
- Mix the oil, honey, salt and black pepper in a small bowl. Add some fresh herbs of your choice.
- Combine the spice oil with the root vegetables and then spread them evenly on a baking tray. Add the beetroots carefully next to the other root vegetables, so they won’t colour the other roots. Roast for 15 minutes.
- Take the vegetables from the oven and add the Pulled Oats®. Roast for another 10-15 minutes, or until all the roots are ready.