Red lentil and fennel soup
The earthy flavours of curry, cumin and lentils are balanced perfectly by the fresh aromas of orange, ginger and cilantro in this spicy lentil and fennel soup. Rich in protein thanks to the lentils and Pulled Oats, this soup is guaranteed to warm you up and keep the hunger away.
- 240 g Pulled Oats® Nude
- 500 g red lentils
- 500 g crushed tomatoes
- 1 bunch cilantro (coriander leaves)
- 2 tbsp minced ginger
- 1 onion, diced
- 750 ml water
- 1 fennel, sliced
- 2 tbsp cumin powder
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 1 orange, zest and juice
- Fry onion and ginger in oil until soft.
- Add the fennel and fry for another 2 min.
- Add the lentils, crushed tomatoes, water, orange zest and juice, and spices. Cook until lentils are soft.
- Add the coriander leaves and salt according to taste.
- Fry the pulled oats in a separate pan with a little bit of oil and 1 tsp of curry powder.
- Serve the soup topped with Pulled Oats and some fresh coriander and chilli.