Rye and Pulled Oats® soda bread
Pulled Oats® Nude
seeds and oats for topping the buns
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Prepare a baking tray with parchment paper or, alternatively, use a non-stick muffin tin.
- Whisk the flours, crumbled Pulled Oats® and baking soda together in a large bowl.
- Using a separate smaller bowl, whisk together the yoghurt, mayonnaise and 800 ml of milk until well-combined.
- Use a mixer to mix the wet ingredients into the dry flours and Pulled Oats® mixture. As soon as the ingredients start to combine into a wet-looking mixture, use your hands to bring the dough together into a rough ball.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead lightly until the ball is smooth. Divide into desired portion size (about 80g), shape them into round balls and place on the baking tray or inside the muffin tins.
- Use a butter knife to cut a cross on top of each roll. Brush the top of each roll using the remaining milk, then sprinkle with large flake oats and seeds.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the bottom of each roll is firm and crusty. Remove from the oven and let cool on a wire rack.