Rye and Pulled oatS® soda bread
These soda bread buns are full of healthy rye and Pulled Oats while the addition of Greek yoghurt and a dollop of mayonnaise into the dough ensures a moist and delicious finish.
- 300 g bread flour
- 150 g rye flour
- 150 g Pulled Oats® Nude
- 3 tsp baking soda
- 300 g Greek yoghurt
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- 150 ml milk
- seeds and oats for topping the buns
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Prepare a baking tray with parchment paper or, alternatively, use a non-stick muffin tin.
- Whisk the flours, crumbled Pulled Oats and baking soda together in a large bowl.
- Using a separate smaller bowl, whisk together the yoghurt, mayonnaise and 120 ml of milk until well-combined.
- Use a fork to mix the wet ingredients into the dry flours and Pulled Oats mixture.
- As soon as the ingredients start to combine into a wet-looking mixture, use your hands to bring the dough together into a rough ball.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead lightly until the ball is smooth.
- Divide into 12 portions, shape them into round balls and place on the baking tray or inside the muffin tins.
- Use a butter knife to cut a cross on top of each roll.
- Brush the top of each roll using the remaining milk, then sprinkle with large flake oats and seeds.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the bottom of each roll is firm and crusty.
- Remove from the oven and let cool on a wire rack.