This goulash is a hearty and comforting pasta soup. The vegan goulash recipe is targeted at the picky eaters of the family featuring noodles and delicious Smoke-BBQ Deli Oats™. It's budget-friendly made with inexpensive ingredients and nothing fancy is required. You might even have all the ingredients in your pantry already!
- 1-2 bags Deli Oats Smoke-BBQ
- 2 onions
- 3 carrots
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 tbsp oil for cooking the onions
- 1 tbsp paprika powder (mild)
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- ½ tbsp dried rosemary
- ½ tbsp dried thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cans crushed tomatoes (500g x 2)
- 500 ml vegetable broth
- black pepper
- pasta for four
- oat fraiche
- salt to taste if needed
- Chop onions, carrots and bell pepper.
- Warm oil in a big saucepan/pot and cook onions until soft.
- Take the saucepan off from the heat and mix in the paprika powder and tomato paste (if you leave the pot on the warm stove the paprika powder might burn). Add chopped carrots and bell pepper
- Put the pot back on the stove, add crushed tomatoes and vegetable broth. Add dried herbs and pepper. Put the lid on and let simmer for 20-30 minutes or until carrots are cooked.
- Cook pasta. When the soup is ready, mix in the noodles. Enjoy soup with Deli Oats, oat fraiche and parsley.
This delicious recipe is created by Tiina Strandberg @myberryforest.