Have you ever tried savory muffins? This home-made treat is an easy way to warm a friend’s heart.
- 120 g of Pulled Oats® Nude
- 2 dl grated zucchini
- 1 dl Turkish yoghurt
- 2 tbsp honey or agave syrup
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 dl oil
- 2 eggs (or 2 tbsp chia seeds +
- 6 tbsp water)
- 2 dl spelt flour
- 1 dl oat flour or flakes
- 1 tsp baking powder
Savory muffins make a great breakfast or a snack.
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Grate the zucchini and squeeze to remove excess moisture. In a large bowl, combine the zucchini, finely chopped Pulled Oats®, flour, baking powder, yoghurt, honey, salt, oil and eggs. Mix until all is incorporated.
- Replace the eggs with chia seed in the vegan version. Mix the chia seeds and water and let stand for five minutes to thicken.
- Spray a muffin tray with oil or grease with butter (or use baking paper). Spoon the mixture, equally, between muffin sections. Bake in the oven for 15–20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of a muffin comes out clean.