Classic Spaghetti Fricadelli with Veggie Balls
prep time 20-30 minutes, cook time 20-30 minutes
- 100 ml olive oil
- 2 yellow onions (chopped)
- 3 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 2000 g crushed tomatoes
- Santa Maria ground black pepper
- 800 g spaghetti
- 100 ml rapeseed oil
- 700 g Pulled Oats® Veggie Balls (Classic)
- 200 g grated parmesan
- 100 g fresh basil
- Heat the olive oil in a pot, add the chopped onion and garlic, fry for 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Pour in the crushed tomatoes, and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and let the sauce simmer for at least 15 minutes. Season with salt and black pepper. Bring a pot of water to a boil, add salt and pasta. Cook according to the instructions on the packet. Set the oven to 200C.
- Mix the veggie balls with the oil, spread out on a baking tray and roast in the oven for 8 minutes. Mix the cooked pasta with the tomato sauce. Add the roasted veggie balls and finish off by sprinkling parmesan and fresh basil leaves over the dish.