Miso kale caesar salad
A ‘healthed-up’ version of an iconic salad! Massaging kale tempers the firm, fibrous texture, and renders it silky and tender. It also takes some of the bitterness out of the flavour too.
prep time 15 min
- 1,5 kg Pulled Oats® Nude
- 3/4 dl sesame oil (or other)
- 8 dl mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp sesame oil
- 6 tbsp miso paste
- 3 limes (juiced)
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp honey
- 7 cloves garlic (grated)
- 1 kg red cabbage (thinly sliced)
- 2 kg white cabbage (thinly sliced)
- 500 g kale
- 1 kg red radish (thinly sliced)
- 5 tbsp sesame seeds (black)
- Mix 3/4 dl sesame oil (or other oil) with Pulled Oats®. Roast in the oven for 7-8 min at 170°C.
- Whisk together all the ingredients for the dressing until well combined. Taste for seasoning.
- Remove the kale from its stems and massage well. Slice the kale, cabbages and radishes.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the Pulled Oats®. Cook for 2-3 minutes on a medium heat.
- Combine the salad ingredients and Pulled Oats®. Drizzle over the dressing and toss the salad. Finish by sprinkling with sesame seeds.